Monday, June 10, 2013

Morning Thorat Song

Yesterday on the radio I heard this incredible ensemble of throat singers, Alash.

I had never heard throat singing and it made me laugh, not at the sound but at some joyful thing it touched to hear such a guttural vibration. 

Some of the most amazing things happen in solitude, not in loneliness, but in solitude.  Solitude being a place of being alone but feeling entirely connected, and loneliness being a place of being with others, or alone, and feeling entirely disconnected.

Hearing throat singing on the radio is one of those moments for me.

This morning I heard the same sound again when my 6 year old daughter stretched and tried to talk at the same time.  Her morning call is 1:09, that one right there.

This song is called Good Horses.  But I might re-title it Good Morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment