Sunday, May 31, 2015

Aum

This hefty and colorful book caught my eye as I was exiting the library and I went to grab it and the weight of it brought me to the ground. It requires two hands.

It's filled with: paintings, Q and A.

A sample:



Who Am I? Where Did I Come From?


We are not our body, mind or emotions.  We are divine souls on a wondrous journey.  We came from God, live in God and are evolving into oneness with God.  We are, in truth, the Truth we seek.  Aum.


Where Am I Going?  What Is My Path?


We are all growing toward God, and experience is the path.  Through experience we mature out of fear into fearlessness, out of anger into love, out of conflict into peace, out of darkness into light and union in God.  Aum. 



---Dancing with Siva: Hinduism's Contemporary Catechism
    A richly illustrated sourcebook of Indian spiritualtiy in question-and-answer form, exploring how to know the Divine, honor all creation and see God everywhere, in everyone


Aum to that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment