Tuesday, July 14, 2015

I support lol

It has been brought to my attention from two reputable sources that the use of LOL is passé.


First, my younger sister, who mentioned my use of it now that I'm a texter. 


"It's more for 13 year old girls," she gently explained.


"But I write it when I've actually laughed out loud.  What else am I supposed to write?"


"Ha."


"Ha?"


"Or Ha Ha."


"I don't say Ha when I laugh.  Nobody says Ha."


She shrugged.  "You asked."


"That's ridiculous.  I'm not writing Ha."


Next, when a good friend was discussing her recent dating adventures, and the things that were sticking points for her.  Some I understood and some I didn't. 
"Poor spelling on a regular basis," she said.  "And LOL."


"LOL?"  I couldn't believe this was up for discussion again.  "You won't date someone who uses LOL?"


"It's not that I won't."  The silence that followed indicated it was one of those allowances she might make if the good outweighed the bad.  By a lot. 


"I don't even think that should be a thing.  I like LOL."


"I get to choose my own criteria," she said, "and be as picky as I like." 


These conversations came to mind when I stumbled on this flow chart.  I laughed out loud.  I did not say HA.  Or Ha Ha.


theology
--from Micah J. Murray

No comments:

Post a Comment