Sunday, September 6, 2015

Sunday's Song: Oceans

I went through a dream phase where every time I fell asleep, I dreamt of sea creatures. 


It started with over a dozen dolphins, and then included whales, giant tortoises,  and in smaller versions, tadpoles, quickly growing into beautiful green frogs. 


Water water everywhere, sometimes a crick and sometimes an ocean.  Sometimes the sea creatures were in my dream bathtub and sometimes they were crashing in miles of mid-Atlantic surf. 


Sometimes the water was scarce and sometimes I was surrounded by it, or sailing along it. 


Ah, dreams.  Jung's playground. 


Today I heard a new-to-me song, straight from the altar.  It was dueted between a man and woman and it was so lovely.  It reminded me of the vastness of water that is the majority of this planet, and the symbols of the subconscious as represented by water, and somewhere in there I thought of Doctors Without Borders and Nations Without Borders.  But this song speaks to Trust Without Borders.

I scribbled the phrase and looked it up and lo and behold, it's a big song on many altars.  But this is my favorite version. 


No comments:

Post a Comment